File this one, again, under #KanyeShrug.
Country singer C.J. Harris was finally given the “American Idol” boot, no surprise to anyone who’s been watching this season. Harris was terminally off-key and guilty of underwhelming song choices. Nice guy, sure. But in over his head for several weeks.
He was joined in the bottom two by country-rocker Jessica Meuse, also not a…
The Real Housewives of New York
April 22, 2014
Ramona hires professional dog photographers to come to her home and take pictures of herself with her tiny becostumed dog, Coco, to make a calendar for Avery to take with her to college.
Let’s take a moment to break that sentence down.
- Ramona spent money on professional dog photographers. PROFESSIONAL DOG PHOTOGRAPHERS.
- MEG RYAN IS YOUR NEW BOB SAGET IN YOUR NEW HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER. No word yet on who the Dad will be, but in the end it won’t matter.
- ANDREW GARFIELD, CHARLIZE THERON AND ANDY SAMBERG WILL BE YOUR FINAL THREE SNL HOSTS THIS SEASON. Oh good. It’s been a while since we’ve had a funny video about Andy Samberg’s penis.
Season 2, Episode 8 “New Car”
April 16, 2014
There are no pictures from this episode so here’s the least racy photo from Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell’s GQ photo shoot instead. (gq.com)
FX lists this episode as 71 minutes so you know it’s going to be a good one. We begin by getting a sneak peek into the marital bliss of Martha and Clark. Martha feels a little uncomfortable “helping…
April 4, 2014
The fans can build ALL OF THE THINGS if it means more besuited Daniel Dae Kim (CBS)
drum drum drum CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE
Jin and his cheekbones and his open collar dress shirt and his perfect hair emerge from the stretch limo in slo-mo, and I mean …
Hurley is his wingman for the evening. He should…
We’re down to six, folks. And it’s looking more and more like a Jena Irene/Caleb Johnson. (Read my commentary piece from Tuesday’s paper for more.)
Two songs each: one a little bit country, one a little bit rock and roll. And lots of urging from Keith Urban for everyone to “release.” Let’s get to it.
We’ve all had at least one awkward moment when, sitting on the sofa or in a movie theater, we looked over at Mom or Dad and realized we just made a very, very bad choice in entertainment programming.
Whether it’s a brain-melting sex scene, a gag-inducing raunchy joke or another situation that spurs an unwanted conversation, we completely feel the pain when we watch HBO’s…
- SOON YOU’LL BE ABLE TO WATCH ALL OF THE SOPRANOS AND EASTBOUND AND DOWN AND ROME YOU WANT ON AMAZON PRIME. This is a pretty big deal.
- AND NOW APPARENTLY AT&T IS GOING TO GET INTO THE TV BUSINESS? Sure. Why not. Everyone else is doing it, after all.
- STEPHEN COLBERT BROUGHT HIS REAL FACE TO DAVID LETTERMAN LAST NIGHT.You’ll want to watch the Top Ten…
It was pretty obvious who would be going home after the first live “Voice” show of the season. (In fact, I totally called it.)
T.J. Wilkins (Team Usher) and Dani Moz (Team Shakira) were cut after underwhelming performances that failed to stand up against too many other powerhouses. Team Shakira’s Tess Boyer was also in danger of elimination but ultimately kept in the running…
“A Day’s Work”
April 20, 2014
The short version: Peggy steals her secretary’s Valentine’s roses but then becomes angry at her for it because she is lonely and bitter; Don and Sally have A Moment after Don tries being honest with her for a change; Joan and Dawn get promotions after putting up with everyone’s garbage; Pete hates everyone; EVERYONE hates Lou.
The long version: Over in…