The Walking Dead
March 6, 2014
“Uh, so this is awkward, and I know you guys are having a moment and stuff, but can I get a little help here?” (AMC)
Oh hey, Daryl and Sister, whatcha doin’? Spending a stormy night hiding from a herd of walkers in the trunk of a car? That sounds fun and not claustrophobic and miserable at all.
When dawn breaks, Daryl and Sister collect what they can use…
Saturday Night Live
“Lena Dunham and The National”
March 8, 2014
I will be interested in hearing other people’s thoughts on Lena Dunham’s Saturday Night Live performance last night, because I suspect the reactions will mirror people’s feelings about Lena Dunham and her HBO series Girls: folks will either have found her performance delightfully quirky and intelligent or…
Like thousands of hipsters and other Hollywood types, Jimmy Kimmel is descending upon Austin next week. Kimmel will be filming his late night show, Jimmy Kimmel Liveat The Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long Center for the Performing Arts in association with the 28th annual South by Southwest Festival. His guest list isn’t finalized quite yet, but it will include Seth Rogen, Snoop…
- ISAIAH WASHINGTON IS RETURNING TO GREY’S ANATOMY FOR ONE EPISODE. And it will be a minor miracle if he can get through it without offending someone.
- AND COULD DONALD GLOVER BE RETURNING TO COMMUNITY?! Maybe! (I’m still confused as to why he left in the first place, frankly.)
- GOOD NEWS, ARCHER FANS! I don’t watch Archer, so you’ll have to make your own joke here.
Let’s hear it for the girls … Anyone? Anyone?
Female voices continue to be silenced on “American Idol.” This week, it was Cuban pop singer Emily Piriz, who sealed her fate Wednesday night with a limp reading of Jennifer Lopez’s “Let’s Get Loud.” Vocally, it did her no favors. And she struggled to stand out from the pack.[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBl1ikwPPTQ&w=50…
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
“The Kids Are Alright”
March 3, 2014
The morning after the fight about I don’t even know what, suitcase tabloids? Lisa’s phoning habits? Grandpa Ken’s defensiveness when it comes to his wife? the ladies all meet for breakfast — all except for Lisa who is Vandermissing. Yoyawnda learns from “the concierge” (The Producers) that Lisa and Grandpa Ken called for a…
- STEP ONE: FILM THE MOST RIDICULOUS AD EVER. STEP TWO: AIR IT DURING THE SUPER BOWL (IN YOUR LOCAL MARKET). STEP THREE: BECOME A REALITY STAR. (Optional step four: spend an inordinate amount of time grooming your facial hair.)
- YOU TAKE THE GOOD, YOU TAKE THE BAD you take them both and then you have a Hallmark movie.
- DON’T CRY FOR BROOKE BURKE.Of course, that presumes that anyone was…
Home is a tricky word on “American Idol.” It’s where you don’t want to be sent. But it’s also what you can’t wait to get back to. Playing on that contrast, this week’s theme asked the top 12 to select songs that defines “home” for each of them.
We also got sharper critiques from the judges (FINALLY). And deviled eggs.[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQaJ83wu5Dw&w=500&h…
The slots are filling up for each coach. Except Adam Levine, who got shut out during Tuesday’s blind auditions. Maybe he’s just being picky. Or maybe he’s biding his time. Hey, it worked for him last season, when Tessanne Chin ended up the winner.
Megan Ruger:A rock chic living in Nashville. Her choice of Pink’s “Just Like a Pill” is a bit expected, which is probably why she…
- OH MY GUILTY LITTLE MEATBALLS. You are so guilty. So, so guilty. (And this is going to make for an AMAZING season of RHONJ.)
- WHO KNEW THE MTV MOVIE AWARDS WERE EVEN STILL A THING? (Or MTV for that matter.)
- ARE YOU SO EXCITED ABOUT ASHTON KUTCHER AND MILA KUNIS’ ENGAGEMENT?Because they are pretty sure you’re very excited about their engagement and want them to keep…